2007年9月9日日曜日

【DVD】The Lives of Ohers:Das Leben der Anderen


"Das Leben der Anderen"

This is a story of East Berlin, when the wall was up.

I rent this DVD soon after I found it enjoyed a good reputation at Yahoo Movie Review.

It’s great as people say it is.

The last line of Wiesler touched an emotional chord.
It seemed the whole two hours is devoted to this line.
I really wished I had been able to understand Germany.
If I had been, the line must have been more impressive.


The film explores exactly how devastating the unrelenting surveillance of a police state is to the lives of the people under such regimes.
But we must remember that the story is not over now.
It seems that there are still some officers in the current government of Germany whose black past is still not revealed yet.

Some people are struggling to reconstruct the documents shredded when East and West Germany was reunified.

There are as many as 43 million slips of paper.

A recent technology, called E-puzzler software, has allowed them to increase work pace, but they are out of frying pan into fire.
The government is to cut the budget for the project.
Foresight magazine analyzes that this is because there must be some politician with a murky past.

0 件のコメント: