I read a book as named above.
This book really helps.
The main massage is: Begin with what you really can do.
Most people who are annoyed with themselves, says the author, set their goal too high.
That’s why they cannot make progress.
They say they know it but they can’t do it.
This is quite a contradiction, but most people don’t realize it, and neither did I.
However small the goal is, as long as you cannot achieve it, it’s not what you can do now.
A story of a socially withdrawn sufferer was impressive.
He couldn’t work, go shopping or even clean his room on his own.
When the author first met him, he asked; “Find out what you can do from now on.”
“Then, I will clean my room for myself from now on.” he answered.
“Are you sure? I heard you’ve tried to do it but couldn’t. Remember, find out what you really can do.”
The last answer he reached was that he would line up his slippers when he goes out of the bathroom.
This was the first goal.
They were serious.
This is the only way and the best way to make progress, emphasizes the author.
Slow, it seems, but sure.
“Begin with what you really can do.”
Six months later, he succeeded in getting back on the payroll.
I have been, and am, suffering from self-hatred recently.
But this book really mitigated my feelings, and actually allowed me to make progress.
Good thing I came across this book.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿